Every business has a range of legal issues and we believe that it is important to connect with our clients’ businesses to truly understand them, what is important to them and what they really need. We aim to combine our technical expertise with a genuine interest in, and understanding of, our clients’ business affairs.
Our lawyers have extensive in-house experience at a senior level and are equipped to approach clients’ needs in a proactively commercial way. They find the solutions, not the problems. Our commercial lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the land-based and online gaming industry and, uniquely complemented by our regulatory practice, work with clients to ensure that their operational requirements are aligned with their regulatory obligations.
We have acted for start-ups, operators, developers, suppliers and brand owners on various commercial and corporate matters. We believe that it is important to understand our clients commercial aspirations, objectives and challenges to enable us to provide a coherent analysis and pragmatic advice. This can be particularly important in the gaming sector where operational, regulatory and taxation considerations are paramount. Our commercial & corporate and regulatory lawyers work together closely to ensure that these factors are properly considered and reflected in the structuring process.
We assist gambling businesses at all stages of their development and frequently advise on:
- Company formation and incorporation, using an external specialist we have a close relationship with, allowing us to set up new companies in England & Wales efficiently and at a competitive cost
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Negotiating and executing the acquisition or sale of a commercial entity, whether it be shares or assets
- Due diligence on corporate acquisitions
- Gaming machine distribution agreements
- Software licence agreements
- White-label agreements
- IT services agreements
- Payment processing agreements
- Affiliate marketing agreements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Terms and conditions
- Privacy policies
In addition to providing commercial and corporate advice to the gaming industry, we have acted for a number of non-gaming clients, particularly in the hotel and leisure industry. This work is well complemented by our Liquor & Entertainment work.