Our lawyers have advised many of the world’s largest leisure operators, including major cultural institutions and entertainment venues, international suppliers of alcohol, hotels, restaurants, casinos, property developers and in-house legal departments, on all aspects of liquor and entertainment licensing law.
We provide strategic advice and specialist due diligence to clients who are acquiring or disposing of licensed premises, including advising on the drafting of appropriate clauses in acquisition and disposal documents.
We act for clients with licensed premises throughout the UK and have particular expertise in obtaining late night licences having successfully represented many of our clients at heavily contested public hearings.
We pride ourselves on our practical approach to licensing. We take great care to familiarise ourselves with our clients’ businesses and utilise this knowledge in a bespoke approach to all our clients’ licensing needs.
A significant aspect of our licensing work involves informed negotiation with responsible authorities in order to avoid expensive, contested public hearings wherever possible.
We can advise you on all aspects of licensing work, including:
- applications for premises licences to permit the sale of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and/or the provision of late night refreshment;
- applications for full and minor variations of premises licences;
- applications for provisional statements for projects under development;
- temporary event notices for one-off, special events;
- emergency interim authority notices to prevent a premises licence from lapsing;
- applications to transfer premises licences;
- applications for personal licences for individuals;