White Paper Series: DCMS and the Gambling Commission launch public consultations
On 26 July 2023, the Gambling Commission and DCMS both launched the first three public consultations concerning proposals contained in the White Paper.
DCMS have launched two consultations, which will focus on the following areas:
- Proposals for a maximum stake limit for online slot games. This consultation will last for 8 weeks and closes at 11:55pm on 20 September 2023.
- Proposals for measures to adjust outdated regulatory restrictions applying to the land-based gambling sector. This consultation will last for 10 weeks and closes at 11:55pm on 4 October 2023.
The Gambling Commission
The Gambling Commission’s consultation will consider various proposals relating to the following areas:
- Improving consumer choice on direct marketing.
- Strengthening age verification in premises.
- Remote game design.
- Remote gambling: financial vulnerability and financial risk.
- Extending Personal Management Licences requirements.
- Changes to Regulatory Panels.
The Gambling Commission’s consultation will last for 12 weeks and closes on 18 October 2023.
We strongly encourage all licensees and stakeholders to review and respond to the consultations and will be publishing further articles when we have considered fully the content and proposals contained therein. Please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss this matter further or require our assistance preparing responses.